Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fasting

For the Dutch readers:
http://maxxlife-berea.blogspot.com/

It is good to fast. Not for the faint hearted, but for thos who desire. Those who desire true love, but more for those who desire to know the God more. Praising gods is easier with a full stomach and with all the desires fullfilled, but praising the God without any of these has more strength. Desiring to know the God more than now, as I have the desire for more true love and more true wisdom I have decided to stop doing useless games on the computer, this at first, and the time I used to use for that will I use in two different ways.

First I will use a part of that time to read more books and other sources of wisdom and knowledge. I will use it to gain information. I'll spend more time with friends and philosophers speaking about wisdom and trying to find out what wisdom is. I'll use the time to read things friends of mine have written.

Secondly I will use a part of the time to walk. Walking is a great thing which helps to bring order in my thoughts. And it also helps me to get contact with the God. Yes, the God is also in the house where I live, He even is in me, but being outside breaks my walls of apathy, and walking breaks my resistance against the God, because I don't get extracted by the world when I'm in the woods.

If I walk, and I do not eat, there is a starting growth towards dependancy to the God of the heavens. I do trust less on my own wisdom, which I gained only by trust on the God, and more on the God, which makes me grow in wisdom some more (hope you can still follow me). I haven't find out yet what wisdom is. I know honesty is wise, knowledge is wise, goodness is wise and most importantly, fearing the God is wise. But what is the thing that makes all these things wise? What makes that fasting is usefull to grow in wisdom?

Once before the same question was asked on this blog. What is wisdom? This is the thing that will be next on the blog. But the thing that I found out is that wisdom does not so much grown when you grown in knowledge, but more by growing in love and in relationships. Relationships, strong relationship, are often more about giving than about taking. If you have the strength to give some of your food or your time to the God, requesting only His love, you'll grow in wisdom, because you grow in love. Learning to give because you love someone makes you grow in maturity.

Today only view people fast. Little children dare to give something to receive love, but grown up people seem to think that they need no love. So they would not have to fast anymore. Fasting is good, but it is not only for yourself. If you are faint hearted, you won't do it, because you will realize that the cost is much higher than the benefit. Many do not realize that the gift they give when they fast is not a gift from their own property. They give God what already belongs to Him, and He rewards for it. Some do desire true love, and to know God more. They will not be disappointed. Fasting is a gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment