Monday, May 25, 2009

1. ...So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.

2 Chronicles 5:14

"As I believe the God has some properties. The bible teaches us that God is good, loving and gracious. Also do I believe that the bible teaches us that God is one (Deuteronomy 4,39 and others) and non-visible for the human eye (Exodus 33,20)." Henry agreed. "That's true. This only confirms to me that Jesus cannot be God." It is not difficult for me to follow his way of reasoning. It would certainly be mine. If Jesus is neither invisible nor almighty he cannot be God. "I must admit that Jesus was totally visible," was my reaction the Henry. "That's why he certainly cannot be God." "Exactly," Henry was happy with his certain theological victory. He had not expected that I would ever defend his viewpoint. I do so with the purpose to convince him it is wrong. That's why I continue with showing how invisible God is: "2 Chronicles 5, 13 and 14 teaches us what happens when only the glory of God enters the house of God. Not a single priest can stand and do his work. Only Gods glory is so huge that God himself can never be visible. We see the same in Exodus 40,34 and 35 and in exodus 33,20. Moses was shining when he was in the presence of God so much that he needed to wear a towel because the light was to bright for the Israeli people. But even Moses couldn't see God, if he would he would die."

"I really don't understand why you think it serves any need to confirm my viewpoint time after time," is Henry's opinion. "What is the purpose?" My answer on this comes down to one thing: "I want to show that seeing God has such an effect that it is not difficult to imagine that God is invisible, as we have seen in Exodus 33,20. It is certainly right that no man can see God?" I asked Henry. "Certainly," Henry replies. "This only confirms what I've already said before. It appears that you have come back from your error and your churchdogmatics," is his reaction. "The bible doesn't lie (Numbers 23,19)." I react quite sharply in this occasion. "I want to know if God really is the only God. It is the ultimate test whether you know the truth or not." Henry: "Surely God is the only God (Psalm 18,32). This was our conclusion before, it seems not neccesary to change this." Henry appears to get a little irritable. I think he is afraid to lose his certain victory now I am asking questions. Contrary I am starting to get irritable that he doesn't see the truth when it is right before his eyes. He has his viewpoints, but he has no doubts. There are no questions. I have questions. "Who was Abraham talking to in Genesis 17?" I cited this passage before him: "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect."


To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. I like that last one. It definitely raises a question. I really have no idea how you are going to solve the problems that your theory is causing but you've caught my attention. To be continued...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it's cool that you're seeking the truth, that you are so dedicated to it. A real philosopher you are!

    Greetings, Matthijs

    ReplyDelete